Thursday, June 4, 2009

inspired by Judy


It's been a really long time since I've been on the blog. Even longer since I've created something. However, I discovered that sometimes a good supporting friend can be a wonderful muse. After talking to Judy yesterday I got the urge to create.

You'll remember these awesome fabric/chipboard albums from the previous post, well, here's one of mine all decorated. I love how easy it was to decorate. I used my all time favorite - mod-podge - talk about therapy in a bottle, I love that stuff.

For the tree, I used a brown paper bag for the trunk. I crinkled and crumbled it. Inked it a bit and then got it wet to somewhat smooth it back out. The blossoms on the tree were cut out from a sheet of pattern paper I got at Judy's (again seen previous post).

And, while the inside of the album isn't done yet, I did place all the papers in place and have tagged each page with who's picture will go there. I'm excited to finish now and at least I have my creative juices flowing a little bit more.

Amy
P.S. See the new card class info on the right!

4 comments:

Mrs. Fence said...

Nice to have you back, Amy. I've missed you. I like the way you decorated this album. I saw them in the store last time I was there and thought it would be fun to try one. Now you've inspired me!!!

Mona said...

Does any Amy project ever get done without Modge Podge? The comment made me laugh but also reminded me that I made a family album last fall and I ended up using Modge Podge on that as well as a new Address Book I made for myself in the last month or so. I've missed Amy's posts to and how they usually jumpstart my own creativy too. I hope we'll be seeing more from you in the days, weeks and months to come.

Liz said...

Amy, you were missed...don't ever leave us hanging again! Your creative ideas are what makes us get out our "someday I'll do it" boxes and actually do it! Glad to see your back.

Cindi said...

glad to see you posting Amy. I really like how you did the album, it's a great project
:)