Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Work It Wednesday - Perfection part 2

So last week I shared a little something that helps me out and creates a small sense of perfection on my pages. I asked you all to share your most used or favorite item that does the same for you and you know what, only one person responded so MONA - YOU WIN!!!

You can read Mona's comment on the post below but she said it was her shaped punches and I do agree with her. Punches really are a great invention. I mean, trying to trace a circle from an upside bowl or lid and then cut it out perfectly is a thing of the past - so happy about that.

So, what did Mona win? She won a collection pack of the new Basic Grey papers we just started carrying. The pack comes with 18 papers, one sheet coordinating alphabet stickers and one sheet coordinating cardstock stickers.

Her prize is actually another way to achieve perfection in your designs. There are so many products and papers out there that come with coordinating items that it really does make it easier to scrapbook. If you find a paper you like, chances are good their are stickers to match.

I used to teach classes on how to match up paper and now I don't have to because papers are coming out in coordinated sets - how awesome and easy is that! Perfect if you ask me. So, if you are one that looks at pattern papers and is overwhelmed by your options and confused by your choices, then today's Work it Wednesday is for you. Go through your stash and look for papers made by the same company and then create a layout using items from that coordinated paper line. If nothing else, you've got one more layout done and it will be perfectly matched as the papers will automatically go together. Here's a project I did using a coordinated line from Fancy Pants, it was easy and it's perfect in my book because the papers all coordinate and match.


Enjoy.
Amy

P.S. - all the supplies used in the photo can be bought at the store. I used a folding accordion book by Kaiser, Fancy pants papers, some monogram letters and black rub-ons. Oh and a brad or two.

No comments: