Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tag you're it - Work it Wednesday

It's Work it Wednesday!

Remember when tags where the big thing? Well, I still like tags. And, I like them even more when I can turn them into other things. That's what Work It Wednesdays are all about after all, using your stuff in new ways.

So, here is one of my ways that I like to use tags and since it's Valentine's day next week this idea fits perfectly with the "love" theme this month.

Step 1 - Get two tags. They can be the same color or different, rounded top or pointy, big or small. It doesn't matter as long as both tags are the same size. (I do prefer the rounded top tags for this project)

Step 2 - Put the tags on top of each other so they are lined up and cut 4 to 5 slits in them. The slits should go most of the way to the top of the tag and can be wavy or straight lines.

Step 3 - Weave the two tags together and work the strips into place until the tag lays flat.

Step 4 - Secure loose ends down with adhesive and then decorate.

Here's mine all completed. I used the flourish acrylic stamps that I love and some jewels for a little highlight of "bling". And there you have it, it's all ready to give away as is, attach to a gift, or write a love note on. Enjoy!


Be sure to check back as I will be featuring Valentine projects and products all week, every day until Valentines day.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Very Pretty!
Thanks for the ideas :)