Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fall

I was talking in my last post that the signs of Fall are certainly starting to show up. And, forgive me if you've seen this photo before, but candles are another one of those things that seem to say fall to me.

I love the smell of spiced candles, like pumpkin spice or cinnamon apple - just thinking about them makes me want to go and light one right now. Anyhow, my point, it seems every fall I buy a new candle. This year will be no different. If you are like me and that is something you enjoy doing too, remember that Judy's has a large selection of candles. All different sizes and brands. And, don't forget candles make great little "just because" gifts for friends.


And, another sign of fall for me are all of the little gourds and small pumpkins that are starting to surface at the farm stands and in the grocery stores.

If you are looking for another fun, Fall decoration (and here's a first - it's not paper craft related) you could try your hand at making these little Gourd Guys. This photo is from last year, but today we are heading out on a nature walk to collect all the needed pieces and will be crafting up a few more to sit on our doorstep this year.

The easiest way to explain how to do this is to first go out for a walk and collect leaves, acorns, pinecones, and even rocks. Then spread out all your finds, arm yourself with a glue gun and let your imagination go wild. It's so fun. And, I must admit a little addicting. You'll make one and then want to make more...

Enjoy!
Amy

P.S. Start watching for new product updates next week. Judy has rearranged the store and has put new items out and I will be sharing some of them soon.

P.S.S - Today is the last day to pay for the crop and be included in the door prize drawing. Most of our crop attendees have already paid but those of you that haven't, just a quick reminder that payment needs to be in by September 27th or your space will be released and given to those on the waiting list. (Sorry to be so firm on this. Unfortunately at our last crop we turned people away that were on the waitlist but then had people who had signed up, said they were coming, and then they didn't show. Their space could have been given to someone else had we known. I hope you understand.)

No comments: