Sunday, October 5, 2008

Updates

My apologies for not updating our blog more. The crop is next week and I've been focusing on doing my best to make it fabulous. I will have a few new product posts next week. And more crop information that includes a map and parking information - we're in a new location this year, so if you're coming to the crop please check back here in a few days.

Until then though, I figured it's been awhile since we've posted a layout. Here's just a quick two page spread that incorporates a ton of photos.

I did this layout for an upcoming publishing assignment and you need to know, I was out of my comfort zone. I vary rarely use more than 4 or 5 layouts on a page so I was pushing myself to get in 9. It was fun though to try something new. And, while it has a lot of photos, it is simple and easy to understand the theme and easy to read the journaling. Both of which are important to my personal scrapping style. If you want to try doing your own photo collage layout, here are some things to think about....

1- To keep photo collages looking orderly, make a path for the eye to follow. On this layout the eye path was done by placing the numbers in a clock-wise pattern that gave the eye both a starting and stopping point.

2- Vary the shapes and sizes. There is a lot going on in this layout. To keep the confusion to a minimum I varied the size and shape of the photos. This keeps my layout visually interesting and allowed for me fit more photos on the page.

3- Limit page embellishments. Because there are so many photos in the collage, there wasn't a need for much else. Using a lot of embellishments or even pattern paper as the background would have caused too much visual competition. So, to keep with the theme, but not compete with the photos, the page embellishments are kept to a minimum.

Enjoy your day!
Amy

1 comment:

Mona said...

Love the layout and what a great way to use a lot of pictures that can all relate to the same theme. This would be a great way to do a sports page for a child who participates in many different sporting activities over the course of a single year and also a nice way to show all of the members of a family or do spotlight a particular holiday gathering or celebration. I love the concept of using the numbers to draw the eye along a specified path and also how clean and simple the journaling is too on the inside of the house outline that you built to showcase this layout.

Thanks again for the inspiration.