Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Work it Wednesday

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

How's your day 2 going of the new year? Other than lots of snow and bored kids, mine is going great. I haven't been in the store today but I did talk to Judy and she is busy putting out all the Valentine items. It's never too early to plan ahead for the next holiday, so stop in soon and see what she's been up to.

As for today, it's our first Work It Wednesday of the year. And, since it is a new year, with new plans, it only seems fitting to show a quick tip on how to customize a planner.

First, you need a planner. We don't sell these at Judy's but you can pick them up at a lot of other places. I found mine at Walmart.

Second you need to remove the planner from it's plastic sleeve (if it has one) and get ready to cover it. Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against cute puppies, but I wanted the planner to be a little more me. That's where my scrapbooking supplies come into play. Pick out some paper you love and then find some matching embellishments and get to work.

Measure your planner and trim your paper accordingly. I chose to cover the back of my planner too, so I just measured and cut the purple paper to fit the height and then just wrapped the paper around the back and glued it down. Next you will add your embellies. Decorate it however you'd like. Add chipboard letters or throw on a photo, anything goes.

Once it's complete, place it back in the plastic sleeve to keep it protected and you are good to go. You can also decorate the inside with your scrapbooking supplies as well. I keep a large paper clip in mine at all times to keep my page marked for quick reference. And, for special dates (like the next time I will be in the store) I will place stickers or chipboard shapes to mark the date and to add a look of fun to my normally boring schedule.

So there's your tip for the day, remember scrapbooking and cardmaking products aren't just for scrapbooking and cardmaking - they can be used for so much more.


Enjoy,
Amy

No comments: