Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wednesday - Part 2


Seeing Glad containers on the blog probably wasn't what you were expecting. However, this is my inspiration for today's work it Wednesday. Have you ever looked at something and instantly known that it could be something else? Well, that's what happened to me. If you take out the little plastic containers you can totally reuse the packaging to make a super cute little candy dispenser. Here's a visual:


I didn't included the step-by-step process today because it's really pretty easy to do. You just cover the packaging with paper, cut out the circles, add some transparency to the circle openings on the front and then decorate. I also kept the little oval on the top as a way for the candy to be dispensed.

Just think about it, with a little creative imagination you can take this packaging and reuse it in any number of ways. Besides being a candy dispenser for Mother's Day it could also be a bank so kids could see their money accumulating.

There is a great quote I love that says, "Once in awhile it really hits people that they don't have to experience the world in the way they have been told to." I think that is my point for this post. Like all Work It Wednesdays I just want to show you a new way to use your supplies and try something new.

Enjoy,
Amy

P.S. if you like the paper I used, it's by Karen Foster - It's double sided and has a really cute stripe on the other side. It's in stock now.

1 comment:

Mona said...

I'm guess that Amy came up with this one too -- who else would think of stuff like this. I am so envious of your creativity and how you seem to so easily be able to see the potential in everyday items.